The accounts section of the Ebonyi State Government House was gutted by fire on Friday morning around 9 a.m.
Senior Special Assistant to Gov. David Umahi on Internal Security, Dr. Kenneth Ugbala, who confirmed the incident while speaking to newsmen said that it took the combined efforts of workers and the State Fire Service to put out the fire.
“The fire outbreak was caused by a faulty electrical connection within the accounts section and the level of damage was minimal. An upholstery and cottons within the section were completely burnt and we would ascertain the true extent of damage when the fire service concludes its task,” he said