Eatery operator, Paul Armond pictured above, has been arrested by men of the Cross Rivers state police command for poisoning the food of customers who patronized his eatery located in Ogoja community of the state yesterday. According to reports, Paul opened for business yesterday and served his customers poisoned food.
A couple died from complications from the poison intake while 41 who were initially hospitalized have been discharged. Medical director of the General Hospital, Ogoja, Patrick Ubi, says some of the victims started vomiting after they ate from the eatery between the hours of 9am-10am.
“After two to three hours, those who ate the food started complaining of abdominal pain; some were vomiting while others were foaming in the mouth”he said
The suspect is yet to disclose to the police why he poisoned them.